Is a side note that has nothing to do with the documentary cycle or accounting books
The objective is to reach the bank's correct cash balance (which will be shown in the budget), which is often different from the cash balance in the books of the establishment and the bank account.
Reasons to prepare:
It is assumed that the bank's cash balance is identical in both the books of the establishment and the bank account statement. However, it is rare for the balances to match the time difference in some transactions in both the establishment's books and the bank.
Including the following:
Transactions recorded in the books of the establishment and not reflected in the bank statement
- Cash deposits by road, mail or by ATM.
- Checks were issued to beneficiaries and did not apply to the bank for disbursement.
Operations confirmed by the Bank and not verified by the entity
- The Bank has collected amounts for the account of the establishment and added it to the balance
- Send extension notification yet.
- Service charges The Bank has deducted and has not yet issued a discount notice.
- Checks refused to be rejected by the drawee.
Registry errors whether in the establishment or the bank.
Requirements for preparation
- Bank statement .
- Cash Book (or Assistant Professor Bank).
- The last settlement memo was prepared.
How to set it up
- The amounts deposited as shown in the bank statement with the bank's cash register shall be recorded and a mark of the corresponding amounts shall be shown. Thus, the deposits recorded in the books of the establishment shall not appear in the bank statement, as well as the deposits of the last settlement.
- Check the issued checks in order of serial numbers and the excess capacity of the books with the statement of account to reach the checks that have not been disbursed, as well as check the checks that were not spent in the previous settlement.
- Any amounts paid by the Bank shall be subtracted from the cash balance in the books and not recorded in the books.
- In addition to the cash balance in the books, the amounts collected through the bank have not yet reached the addendum notifications to the establishment.
- Work the Settlement Memorandum and make necessary daily restrictions that have not been previously recorded
Submit your review